Nearly all enterprises rely heavily on data. This bit isn’t a secret or a new revelation. Whether it’s a small business, a medium-sized business, or a large business, there is going to be sensitive information involved. Information about clients, orders, financial records, sales, or otherwise.
There’s no question that you’re going to need a cloud storage solution to protect your information. There’s a good chance that you already know this much. What you may not know is that the cloud storage solution you decide on matters! Thankfully, there are some outstanding options out there today that are perfect for your enterprise no matter how large or small it may be.
Finding the Best Cloud Storage for Enterprise
Not all cloud storage services out there are created equal. So, whether you are just getting your business off the ground or are already using a cloud storage service that you may not be happy with, it is important for you to find the right service. Disaster scenarios aren’t common, but they do happen! That’s why we’re here.
People seek out cloud storage solutions for different reasons and have different needs. In this case, we are trying to pinpoint the best cloud storage for enterprise, so there are going to be specific features and strengths that we value more than others. A few examples may be:
- Sufficient storage space to handle potentially large blocks of data
- Top-notch security to keep all of your extremely sensitive and private data safe
- File sharing and collaboration capabilities for larger projects with multiple workers
This bullet list is quick and off the cuff. For any enterprise, those points are likely to be extremely important but probably won’t cover everything. If your business requires a lot of collaborative work, you’re going to want a cloud storage service that is strong in that area.
Administrative capabilities are also likely to be an important feature to look for throughout your search. You may have a business where different groups of users will require different access permissions, so you’ll be on the lookout for a service that is well-versed in this.
If you have some extra time, your best bet is to expand on or alter this list and create a comprehensive resource that focuses on the features your business needs from a cloud storage provider. From there, you can compare your list against our recommendations and determine the best solution for you.
Speaking of our recommendations, let’s get to it!
Winner: Sync Cloud Storage
Sync was founded in 2011 by a group who also started Netfirms, which is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. Sync prides themselves on their zero-knowledge platform which means that your data is accessible by you, and you only. Privacy is one of the most important features of Sync’s cloud storage solution.
Sync’s Business PRO plan is designed specifically with you and your work in mind; offering top notch security and a plethora of features. In addition to this, Sync boasts one of the strongest file syncing platforms on the market and works extremely well with larger files. Lastly, you’ll love the overall speed of the Sync service.
- Zero-knowledge platform puts security at a premium
- Faster file syncing speeds than most competitors
- Privately collaborate and share—perfect for larger projects
- Access your files anywhere at any time on any device
- Advanced share controls and administrative tools
- Some users have reported that the encryption process can bog things down a bit
- Mobile client isn’t as polished as some competitors
- A little costlier than similar services
Second Place: pCloud Cloud Storage
pCloud is a Switzerland-based cloud storage service that was founded in 2013. One of pClouds main calling cards is their ease-of-use; allowing users to focus on storing and protecting their files rather than feeling overwhelmed by features they don’t need.
pCloud’s business cloud storage solution is an excellent option for any company. Especially those who do a good deal of collaborative work. The service offers multiple tools to optimize workflow and give you all the control you need. In addition to all of this, pCloud believes strongly enough in their service that they offer a free 30-day trial. Not bad!
- Organize employees into teams, set group permissions, and designate individual access levels
- Organized shared folders to control data access both in and outside of the company
- Commenting options on files and folders for easier communication between colleagues
- Detailed activity logs and file versioning
- Share all business documents securely
- No editing restrictions within shared folders
- File editing limitations—only one user can edit at a time
- Some users reported being unsatisfied with the customer support
Third Place: Dropbox Cloud Storage
Anyone who has heard of cloud storage is at least vaguely familiar with Dropbox. That’s because they’ve been around for nearly ten years now and are one of the most popular cloud storage solutions out there. The company was founded by a pair of MIT students and currently has over 200,000 businesses using their business package.
Dropbox’s business package is a rock-solid choice for those looking to work without limitations. The service offers advanced security and control, powerful collaboration, and as much space as you need so that you never have to worry about running out.
- Enterprise-ready performance and controls to keep your company data safe with extensive security features
- Dropbox Paper gives teams a fresh way to collaborate, share files, and offer feedback
- Unlimited storage space which allows you to work without being capped
- Dedicated live support via phone and chat
- Unlimited file recovery
- A bit more expensive than some of the competition
- Some users have reported that locating files and folders can be slightly difficult
- The company integrates some third parties which may discourage some users
Tying it All Together
The wide array of cloud storage options for your enterprise can feel overwhelming. A lot of potential customers aren’t quite sure what features are completely necessary and which aren’t. As far as we’re concerned, Sync is currently offering the best cloud storage solution for enterprises. Although you most certainly can’t go wrong with any of the three choices, we think Sync is the one.